Thursday, January 25, 2007

 
Life!

What can I say... life goes on.

The Fallout Art Co-op is filling up with artists. My long period of being the only lone camper in the art co-op space is done and it is good to have neighbors.



Put Down the Muffin is getting some gigs. Our gig at the Fineline went really well, and I sent a CD and cover letter to The Current radio station in hopes that they will find a song or two to play.






Part of why I am beginning to blog again is that I have a few people who are supporting me AND the faith-based non-profit known as Source by helping sponsor my studio space in the arts co-op. This allows me to continue training and mentoring emerging artists, especially (but not limited to) the musicians of the church.






I did a gig in December with my student prodigy, Julia Peterson. I am recording a CD of her original music and helping her to starting playing out. She is a senior at Concordia Academy High School and recently auditioned for a music college in Nashville. Julia is such a great example of what I love to do. When Julia first came to me she simply had been writing songs in her bedroom not knowing if they were any good. I have had such a great time helping her recognize her talent and encouraging her to be a good steward of what she has been given. Julia won a songwriter contest for a huge national youth event called CHIC and performed in front of about 8,000 youth. I look forward to inviting you all to her CD release concert hopefully sometime this coming summer.





Well... I want to thank all the people who befriend and support what I do and what Source does. Matt Patrick has joined the Source crew at the Fallout Urban Art Center and is a part of their staff. Check out what he is up to at...

http://web.mac.com/mattpatrick/iWeb/NewBlog/Blog/Archive.html

And the Fallout website.

www.falloutminneapolis.com

Comments:
do you totally realize that it's been, like, 6 months and a week since you last blogged? you are a bad blogger... but oh so good at the same time.

welcome back my friend.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?